Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Fire Cycle

Fire Cycle
By: GinaMarie 
2/6/22


Ashes drifting through the air
as embers wait around me.
Fuel lays prepped
ready  to stoke the fire,
waiting,
for the time
to spark.

I move things
and empty the furnace,
clearing away what will not
add to the flame.

The flame sparks,
igniting destruction.

Growing the fire--
adding fuel to the conflagration,
fanning the flame
to a height of infernic rage.

Feeding the dragon to sustain the power,
the light,
the heat,
the rejuvenation of being.

The rage declines to the point
of a steady  burn.

The flames lower and
the forge is ready to ignite creation.

Galaxies swirl, new life is born, 
and the fire subsides
into a deep space
of midnight ember.

And then,
I choose an ember
to hold,
and sustain,
and carry with me
for the next iteration of...

Ashes drifting through the air
as embers wait around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment