Monday, March 5, 2012

Transubstantiation

(Originally posted: October 16, 2007; http://www.myspace.com/azginamarie/blog/319606208 )

Transubstantiation

Forgive me father, for I have sinned

What is sin but an act of unsacredness towards another

Hail Mary, full of grace
How can I ask for absolution
when there is no guilt inside

I've rent my clothes
I've cried many tears
Sackcloth and ashes
are the garments you wish me to wear

But I have no other pennance
I can do
that will make you realize
the pain that has been dealt to you
has been your own doing

You won't be free until you release me

So drive the wooden stake
deep
through my heart
Put to death the thing
that is
tearing out your own

Exorcise the demon
that possesses your thoughts
Free the phantom that haunts
your every dream

I won't be free until you forgive yourself

YouTube Link to "Transubstantiation"

1 comment:

  1. This has been put to music. Pretty amazing, I do think! It needs cello & other strings behind it, but for the most part, done. Will post & link once I get it recorded. :)gmh

    ReplyDelete